Under the supervision of the Director of Marketing and in coordination with outside PR firms, the Press and Editorial Manager serves as a point of contact for all media activities that take place within the building, including on-site artist interviews, photography and video shoots, and coordination of media events. The Press & Editorial Manager also coordinates content for house programs including artist bios, commissioning program notes, and other editorial content as needed.
- Gather relevant media materials for upcoming presentations to develop communications materials
- Assist in the crafting of language and story ideas for select presentations, institutional milestones, education initiatives, artists-in-residence, special events, and social events
- Liaise with partner institutions, co-commissioners, and artists and their representatives on communications surrounding presentations, including approval of media releases, coordinating schedules and interviews both on and off site, and selection of photos and media related to the presentation
- Coordinate listings and advance critical coverage of select presentations
- Facilitate media campaigns related to galas, fundraisers, and other social events
- Assemble press kits and other materials for on-site events and critical attendance of presentations
- Manage photography of presentations, special events, and other institutional events, arranging all necessary approvals for media use, and archiving media
- Develop final coverage reports for all presentations and other media outreach initiatives, including the assembling of all relevant clips and earned media impressions from coverage
- Maintain institutional archive of press clips and pull quotes for presentations and other institutional materials
- Manage the press section of the Armory website, making sure all relevant press releases, media coverage, and photos have been uploaded and all institutional language is current and consistent
- Coordinate content for press materials, house programs, and other institutional publications, including artist bios and headshots, creative team notes, notes commissioned from a program annotator, and other content as needed
Requirements and Skills
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and a strong interest in the performing and/or visual arts is a must. Candidates must be hands-on self-starters who work well within a fast-paced environment and manage multiple complex projects and meet multiple deadlines. Candidates should have excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent administrative and organizational skills; strong knowledge of media outlets in New York, nationally, and globally.
Position is open until filled. Anticipated start date is as soon as possible.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter in a single Word or PDF document saved as candidate’s first and last name. All submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Press and Editorial Manager ” in the subject line. Only resumes and cover letters submitted in this format will be reviewed. No phone calls, please.
Park Avenue Armory is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates.